A door threshold is a strip of material installed at the bottom of a door. Designed to fill the gap between the door and the floor, it provides a smooth transition between the two surfaces. Door thresholds are available in various materials, including wood, aluminium, and plastic. And they can be used in both residential and commercial settings.
What Types of Door Thresholds are Available?
A popular choice for residential properties, wooden thresholds provide a warm, natural look and can be stained or painted to match the colour of your doors and trim.
Aluminium thresholds are a good option for commercial properties. They are durable and corrosion-resistant, making them ideal for high-traffic areas.
A cost-effective option for residential and commercial properties, plastic thresholds are lightweight and easy to install. They're available in various colours and styles to complement your space.
Adjustable thresholds are a versatile option that are used in a variety of settings. Designed to adjust, they can accommodate different door heights and floor surfaces.
Why Should You Fit a Door Threshold?
- Door thresholds help to seal the gap between the bottom of a door and the floor. This seal is essential in winter when chilly air can seep through the opening, making your space uncomfortable. Having a door threshold helps to keep the heat inside your home or business and makes it more energy efficient.
- Door thresholds also help prevent draughts and improve the overall insulation of your space. Having a draught-free home or place of work will make it much more comfortable and reduce your heating and cooling costs too.
- Along with providing insulation, door thresholds can also help to reduce noise. If you live or work in a noisy area, a door threshold can help to keep the noise out and make your space more peaceful.
- By helping to distribute the door's weight, door thresholds can help protect your floors. Opening and closing your doors can cause wear and tear to your flooring, especially if the door is heavy or it's opened and closed often.
- Door thresholds can also add a touch of style and elegance to your space. And as they're available in various materials, colours and styles, you can choose the one that best fits your home's or business's aesthetic.
So, if you're looking to improve the functionality and appearance of your home or business, consider fitting a door threshold. Door thresholds will help to enhance your space's insulation and energy efficiency, along with reducing noise, protecting your floors, and adding a touch of style. From stainless steel flat thresholds and modular aluminium ramps to rubber ramps and rabbeted door thresholds, take a look at our extensive range today: Under Door Thresholds | Flooring Threshold Strips/Bars - ZEROplus