THE PROFESSIONAL SOLUTION TO PREVENTING PAINFUL FINGER INJURIES.
Safety management is important in professional childcare. However, accidents where trapping fingers in doors are just waiting to happen at schools, supermarkets, restaurants, hospitals and homes for the elderly, and safety requires constant attention.
Our Finprotect Plus range of finger protection devices are now tested to the new British Standard BS 8613:2017 “Finger Protection Devices for Pedestrian Doors”.
BS 8613 was written to provide guidance on the best finger protection devices for doors. With a variety of products already on the market, it was felt that there was no guidance as to what works well, what fails easily, what is durable and what is truly safe in use.
The range was tested to the more onerous Class 2 of the standard, which tests the ability of the device in preventing fingers entering the gap between the door and frame when force is used. Class 1 devices would not undergo this part of the testing.
All the features at a glance:
- Prevents finger trapping on both sides of the door
- Suitable for use on internal or external doors
- Easily fitted and can be temporarily removed if required
- Suitable for all door constructions
- Strong design with 5-year guarantee, tested to 1 million cycles
- TÜV certified
- Available in 1980mm & 2500mm lengths
- New colour - Anthracite Grey (RAL7016)
- Now successfully tested to BS 8613:2017 Type A - Class 2
The numbers 50/90/120 relate to the size of the door they will be suitable for. FP90 suits most doors and is usually the right choice. Often it is bought in FP5090 set, where FP50 is used for additional protection on the hinge side (pull side) of the door. FP120 are for thicker doors with wide swing. One of the pictures in the listing shows how to measure your door and select which size will be suitable for you.